What does Generate do?
Generate works in NSW public schools supporting students and their communities through the provision of Chaplaincy and Special Religious Education (SRE), also known as Scripture.
School Chaplains extend the care structures in schools to improve the wellbeing of young people through holistic pastoral care. By using targeted programs or one-on-one mentoring, Chaplains seek to support young people through developing relationships and providing local community connections.
SRE gives young people the knowledge and critical skills to make informed decisions for themselves on matters of the faith of their family. Generate works with local churches to provide professional SRE teaching primarily to local high and central schools.
Who is Generate?
Generate was formed in 2005 as a joint ministry of Scripture Union NSW, Sydney Anglican Youthworks, Presbyterian Youth NSW, and the Baptist Churches of NSW and the ACT.
Today, Generate is an inter-denominational Christian organisation which has worked in NSW public schools for more than 15 years, successfully employing SRE Teachers since 2005 and Chaplains since 2007. Working closely with local church communities, we employ close to 300 staff and are supported by a large network of volunteers.
- Rely on Almighty God, prayerfully and faithfully, seeking God-honouring outcomes.
- Partner with local Christian communities to serve local schools.
- Honour the government, respect the schools and act with integrity towards students, parents and other caregivers.
- Be trustworthy and reliable in all our services.
- Work as courageous servant-hearted leaders following the example of Christ.